Thursday, February 21, 2013

Everything will be OK. Slow and Steady Wins the Race...

On Tuesday I got this email from SCI:


Dear Anwar,

Greetings from SCI Healthcare !!
We hope you are doing well !!

We would like to request you to please find attached your surrogate mother - L's scan.
Please find attached herewith files of the same.
We are happy to inform you that every parameter are within normal limit.
Dr. Shivani has reviewed the reports and noted everything within satisfactory level.

L is doing well & her pregnancy is growing well.
Please note that her next scan will be done within two weeks.
We will keep you updated.

With Regards,
Yogita
SCI Healthcare

YAY jelly beans! Keep on keepin’ on.

I probably should have posted this earlier as SCI literally sent this email to me right after I finished my last post but work has been crazy this week. For many of you who already don’t know, I am a fashion retail executive for a large corporation. I manage the Womens Apparel and Accessories divisions, which together, total to about a Billion dollar business. This is a really busy time for us as we are transitioning between Fall/Winter merchandise and new Spring/Summer merchandise. This time shall pass.



Below you will find the scans:


The heartbeats are currently 150 and 156 BPM. This is on the lower side of the normal range of 149-172 but still in the normal range so I am happy and relieved. It is interesting though because at 6 weeks they were in the higher part of the normal range (132, 136 BPM). I am just thankful to be in the healthy range and look forward to more great news. Who would have thought 6 months ago that my life would be consumed by beta levels and heartbeat rates? =)

Now I am beginning to do my research. It seems like a lot, and truth be told, I had a mini-breakdown yesterday because I felt like I have so much to research and prepare. Thankfully, I had my mim-breakdown while I was on the phone with my Mom walking down the streets of San Francisco (people walking by looking quite concerned). She was able to reason with me and make sure I’m taking reasonable steps in my research approach. She also made some really great call outs. I have a lot of stuff in my head and I need to start writing things down. She also began sending me different preparation lists and such.
Thanks Mom.


Has anyone else had mini freak outs? How did you research or prepare?

4 comments:

  1. Your mom is really pretty by the way. I'm still in freak out zone, but I hope some new parents can shed light. As far as research: I was given two books by my best friend: Baby 411 and Your Baby's First Year Week by Week. I have checked out loads of others at the library, but these two are by far the best in my opinion. Also many hospitals sponsor free new parent classes. My class starts in March so super excited. As far as the overwhelming choices in baby supplies etc. check out a book called Baby Bargains- Super Helpful with comparisons and reviews, and since it’s all in one compact book it saves a great deal of time. Congratulations, on the great scan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Track down some multiple specific books as things are different when you have more than one to deal with at a time. I found the best to be Juggling Twins by Meghan Regan-Loomis. Our boys are 3.5 years old now, so there's probably some other great books published since.

    And congratulations on your pregnancy! I've been a stalker for a while now, so it's about time I said hello.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone. All the books have already been ordered. =)

    ReplyDelete