Monday, January 7, 2013

Merry Christmas to All - Especially my Christmas babies!

The original date of the egg retrieval was 12/24 but I received an email saying that they wanted to wait a little longer to make sure there were the maximum amount of eggs retrieved. This didn’t really alarm me. I completely trust the clinic and I know they know exactly what they are doing.


That’s why I got this email the day after Christmas:

Dear Anwar,

Greeting from SCI Healthcare!!!
We hope you are doing fine.
We would like to inform you that your donor's egg collection has been done successfully today.
Please note that 17 eggs were collected during the egg collection and ICSI has been done.

Once embryo transfer is done we will get back to you soon with detailed treatment summary which will give you the details for number of eggs collected , number of eggs fertilized, number of embryos , number of embryos transferred, number of embryos frozen with their quality etc.
We will get back to you soon with the further updates.

With Best Regards,

Jyoti


17! OMG, are you serious, 17! ELATION!

That’s great… and no, I know what you are thinking… I refuse to be the next Octomom. I guess the normal amount is 10-15 eggs.

So ICSI had already been done! Great! ICSI is when the sperm is directly inserted in the egg to create the embryo, as opposed to IVF which lets the egg and sperm do their own thing in a petri dish. =)
What a great Christmas present! It topped off an already amazing holiday season. My sister Cyncere and I spent Christmas together. This year we opened presents on Christmas Eve while our Mom watched via Facetime (I love technology). I got a ton of dvds, socks, and underwear which are like my favorite things in the world. I was a very happy camper. It was also this Christmas that I asked Cyncere to my the Godmother of my children… and she said yes!

Pic of the front of the card:




Cyncere and I also went down to Oxnard to see our family and spend time with our Grandma Margaret (GMA). It was an amazing time where I not only got to see family, but tons of old friends, got a tattoo, and went on a date. So many things done in only 3 days. It was great! I am so grateful for everything in my life. What an amazing year it has been!

No comments:

Post a Comment