Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Ummm, I'm Preggers!

Wow, what a weekend. I cannot believe I am pregnant! No really, I can’t believe it. It doesn’t feel real. Perhaps because I am a bit removed from the process or maybe because I’m not showing =) This is definitely happening! I will be getting baby books tonight at Barnes & Noble. Everything is very real now. My time to research everything has started now. I am very excited, but my excitement is one of calmness and peace. There was no doubt in my mind that this day and result would come. It is a quiet confidence that I have with this entire process. When I told my Mom and Cyncere, they were excited, but emotional, they were not. I believe they also have this confidence in the process and what will be in 9 months.

I’m currently re-reading the Alchemist and a major theme of the book is omens. I truly believe in them. There have been so many in the last year regarding my children. On the day that the embryos were being transferred I saw two billboards. The first one said, “ Be a Dad today” and had a black man walking down the beach with his two sons. The second one had twins on it. I forgot what it said and I was in too much of a hurry to take a picture of it. But I took that as a sign that I will be having twins. I have always thought that I will have twin boys (well, it is on my vision board) but my Mom thinks (or wants) twin girls. Just last week, Cyncere had a dream that I had twin girls so now she thinks I will be having twin girls. Ahhhhh, you guys…. Craziness! I think girls will are lovely but just much more complicated. Hair, periods, boys… I can’t take it! I know one thing… If I were to have girls, I would do my best to ensure that they don’t subscribe to the BS gender roles in our society.

Anyway, I morphed specific sexes to see what a boy or girl could potentially look like. What the boy will look like ( I think he looks like Jaden Smith, what do you think?):
What a girl will look like:

Anyway. I have decided to expand this blog to all things going on in my life besides the surrogacy process. The next post will be about my dating experiences since joining match.com, my sports endeavors, and anything else that I think will be gagalicious!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment